Dance Pictures Day is an important event for your dancers. It's a chance to show off the hard work and dedication that goes into perfecting their art form, and it can be a great way to commemorate your accomplishments in dance competitions. However, with so much riding on the success of this, you want to make sure you're as prepared as possible to ensure that everything goes smoothly. To help get you ready for studio photography, here are some helpful tips on what to wear, poses that photograph best, and other advice for making sure you look your absolute best when it comes time for the camera shutter to click!
When it comes to poses that photograph best, there are a few key things to keep in mind. First, when selecting the right pose for your picture, you want to make sure that it is flattering and showcases your dancing technique. If you have more classical dancers, you may want to opt for poses that highlight your technique such as grande plies and arabesques. For those who specialize in more contemporary dance styles, you may want to consider trying out different poses that give the photographer a unique perspective of your movement.
When it comes to capturing the perfect dance photos, it is important to choose the right photography professional. With so much riding on this special day, you want to make sure that your photography dance photos look amazing and capture the beauty and grace of your dancing.
Here are some tips for choosing the right photographer:
• Ask around for recommendations – If you know of a dance academy, dance center or dance studio in your area, ask them for recommendations. Knowing someone who is familiar with the dance world can be a great help when it comes to finding a talented photographer for your class of dancers.
• Do some research – View their dance images and read reviews from previous studio customers to get an idea of their style and experience.
• Talk to them about your vision – Once you've found a few potential photographers, it's important to communicate with them about what type of photos you are looking for. Discuss the style, lighting, and other details that will help capture the essence of your dance.
Once you have chosen the right photographer for your Dance Pictures Day, it is important to coordinate with them prior to photo day. This will help ensure that you get the exact type of photos you're looking for while minimizing any potential issues on the day of the shoot. Here are some tips for coordinating with your photographer before the big day:
• Schedule when and where you will meet – Make sure to discuss the location and time for picture days in advance. This will help make sure that everyone is on the same page and arrives at the right place at the right time. You should also plan out any travel arrangements in advance if needed. The first day will require additional setup time at your studio for the background and lighting.
• We require a full list of students and dances, along with a picture day schedule at least 1 week prior to photo day. We use a state-of-the-art system to scan each dancer and their dance to keep everything organized. We need time to import your list of dancers into our system.
• Go over poses and ideas – Discuss any poses or ideas that you have in mind beforehand so that your photographer can be prepared when they arrive. Talking through what type of photos you would like to get a feel for how to best capture your dancers movements during the session. Dance school instructors should be on hand to assist the dancers with poses. The photographers may be very good at it, but the professional dance teacher knows all of the details much better.
• Talk about payment – Make sure to discuss payment terms prior to photo day, including fees, deposits, and other details. This will help ensure that there are no surprises when it comes to covering costs at the end of the session. Parents may be able to preorder photos or order dance pictures online.
• Provide costume suggestions – If appropriate, provide suggestions about what type of clothing or accessories may photograph well with your style of dance and share any other styling elements such as makeup or hair products that may be necessary for an optimal outcome on photo day.
• Plan out props – If possible, plan out any props or backdrops that you'd like to use during your dance photography session so that everything is ready when photo day arrives. All of the props used during each dance's recital are the best props to use. Techniques Photography does not bring props to dance school picture days.
Choosing the right photographer for your dancers is key to capturing the perfect photos. It’s important to do some research, ask around for recommendations and talk with potential photographers about what type of photographs you are looking for in order to make sure that you find a talented professional who can best capture your movements during the session. Additionally, coordinating with them prior to photo day is essential as it will help ensure that everyone arrives at the right place at the right time and that all props are ready when needed. With these tips in mind, you can be confident that everything is taken care of so that on dance picture day itself, all there's left to do is enjoy yourself!
Return to the main dance photography page.